Conversion rate increased by 286% and the dropout rate decreased by 57%
January 4, 2021
The big challenge is to acquire new customers due to customer base degradation and sales new product lines uplifting the perception of the quality products.
The acquisition of a new lead can be structured in very different ways, exploiting the Sales Funnels, using the Chatbots, or buying from third-party suppliers. Therefore, if the traffic that arrives through sponsorships, direct or organic, could somehow be optimized, by capturing as many interested customers as possible, it would certainly be possible to reduce the acquisition cost.
Among the consequences of the decrease in the CAC is to increase the profit margin on the first purchase.
Acquiring new leads and uplift customer experience
A very simple tactic is to take advantage of the automations made available by numerous Chatbot tools, such as ManyChat. Clearly, there is no magic formula that suits everyone, regardless of the type of segment and target customers. In fact, the only sensible rule is to test, test and test again. With continuous testing, the improvement of strategies and tactics takes place, acquiring awareness of errors and making continuous improvements to the automations.
Chatbots can also be used to increase the productivity of customer services, reducing the work on operators from 30% to 50%. The advantage is also on the customer side, which thus obtains a faster and more efficient service, to the most frequently asked questions.
There are essentially two ways of interacting with a Chatbot:
- Request from the user
These two modes allow the activation of automation flow to send questions and answers, in order to provide a better customer experience.
Some triggers used for the most
- Product Page, after N seconds the livechat is opened to interact with the customer regarding doubts or questions about the product
- Cart page, after N seconds a question is shown in the low popup to start the interaction. The longer the time spent on this page, the greater the likelihood that the customer will leave.
How we applied a Chatbot tactic
Analyzing data insights in Google Analytics and Hotjar, it's possible to detect significant information in order to develop a tactic aimed at correcting the funnel issue.
The problem to be solved was cart abandonment, which had a 76% abandonment rate.
I found several UX issues, but one in particular is that related to the lack of specific information, before proceeding to checkout.
Using Google Analytics it's possible to read the average residence time on specific pages, allowing me to set a timer to show the pop-up, just before abandoning.
One of the advantages of using the chatbot is to collect consent at the same time as it's activation. This allows me to connect automations on many other channels, appropriately contacting the customer to try to recover the sale.
How it works
- Customer go to shopping cart page
- After he spent X seconds, before abandonment, a specific question appears in pop-up, after X - 3 seconds
- All leads that did not purchase were filtered by Customers and Leads, appropriately feeding the multi-channel automations
It's a very simple tactic to implement, with due attention to the case, but it is very effective in the vast majority of online businesses.
- Tagging according to the User answers
- If he did NOT purchase within 24 hours and was already a Customer, then he was contacted via Messenger offering him the opportunity to purchase using a discount of x%
- If he did NOT purchase within 24 hours and he wasn't a Customer, then I send to him an email a discount offer at Y% discount (it varies according to customer acquisition costs)
- Subsequently, the automations were structured according to the actions that users carried out: structured reminders on channels such as Messenger (after approval by OTN Facebook), Mail, Push Notification, etc.
This solution has led interesting performance in decreasing abandoned carts, thus recovering a part of the turnover given to the competition.
– 52% lower dropout rate
– Conversion Rate Increased by 286%